Blurry Video After Render. Any Help???

Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project with as many as 13 layers of video subjects stacked as small clips, a .mov background video and one Photoshop image (I've tried .png AND the original .psd Photoshop file) overlay. The Sequence Settings have frame size: 960 vertical x 6625 horizontal (attached is a screen shot of settings, as perhaps something else is wrong), so it is tall and narrow so I can move a shoulder-to-shoulder cluster of 7 of these videos into frame---some up and some down. When they are rendered and exported, they all are to be imported into another 1280 x 1080 sequence once they are made into .mov clips.

The videos look fine when they are being set up but as soon as they are rendered the .png/.psd image shifts left and all layers appear pixelated and blurry. When I UNDO (Command+Z) the blurriness goes away. I got one render to work once. That had one fewer clips stacked (14), but all the others with 15 stacked tracks fail and are blurry and pixelated. 
Attached are 4 other images. Two of close-ups of "the before and after" of the problem; another one showing the whole stacked sequence; and one more of the final frame layers lined up next to each other (without the video subject clips included). These last two images are just for clarity.

I am stumped and really have no other way I can think of to accomplish this idea.

In the last of the attached image you can see the message "This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration". That image is from when I was trying to do all the layers and film clips side-to-side at once. So, I figured reducing it to 7 layers might eliminate that problem. Following directions to reset the settings to solve the GPU problem did nothing to eliminate the message.
I am using a desktop Mac with OS X: 10.11.6 (so I can continue using FCP 7). The processor is 2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Memory: 16 GB 800 MHz DDR2; Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB.
TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blurry Video After Render. Any Help???

Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project with as many as 13 layers of video subjects stacked as small clips, a .mov background video and one Photoshop image (I've tried .png AND the original .psd Photoshop file) overlay. The Sequence Settings have frame size: 960 vertical x 6625 horizontal (attached is a screen shot of settings, as perhaps something else is wrong), so it is tall and narrow so I can move a shoulder-to-shoulder cluster of 7 of these videos into frame---some up and some down. When they are rendered and exported, they all are to be imported into another 1280 x 1080 sequence once they are made into .mov clips.

The videos look fine when they are being set up but as soon as they are rendered the .png/.psd image shifts left and all layers appear pixelated and blurry. When I UNDO (Command+Z) the blurriness goes away. I got one render to work once. That had one fewer clips stacked (14), but all the others with 15 stacked tracks fail and are blurry and pixelated. 
Attached are 4 other images. Two of close-ups of "the before and after" of the problem; another one showing the whole stacked sequence; and one more of the final frame layers lined up next to each other (without the video subject clips included). These last two images are just for clarity.

I am stumped and really have no other way I can think of to accomplish this idea.

In the last of the attached image you can see the message "This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration". That image is from when I was trying to do all the layers and film clips side-to-side at once. So, I figured reducing it to 7 layers might eliminate that problem. Following directions to reset the settings to solve the GPU problem did nothing to eliminate the message.
I am using a desktop Mac with OS X: 10.11.6 (so I can continue using FCP 7). The processor is 2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Memory: 16 GB 800 MHz DDR2; Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB.
TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This community is GREAT for their willingness to help and having such broad expertise for such strange and unique problems! What a wonderful resource!

Thanks for responding Ann! I added the photos as you suggested so the doctors can see my problem without needing a computer PPE kit or threat of infection. Sorry I didn't do this before. I've only needed to write descriptions for help, but this one seems a bit more complex with visuals helpful.

Jeff, thanks for responding too! That Codec: MPEG I-Frame looks suspicious from your message. I have not exported since they look unacceptable at this stage. I will try an export, but I suspect failure with that codec. Is there a codec suggestion?

Dan

00001-Sequence Settings.png00002-Project Close-up-Before Render.png00003-Project Close-up-After Render.png00005-Project-Full Film Layout & Full-Screen View-without Clips.png00004-Project Full-View Before Render.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do try your export, but also try setting the preview file frame size to match the frame size of the sequence. The size mismatch could be causing the blurriness. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said the problem is when they are rendered. To me, that means rendering the sequence using whatever codec is set in the sequence settings for preview files. I didn't see any reference to exporting. Do they look like you want them to when you export?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it took so long to respond! Lots of other stuff going on, and then focused on your recommendations.

Yes, when I exported the crazy rendered piece it turned out just fine---so, I learned to follow through and not necessarily trust what I see as what I get. Kind of NUTS! But worth having some faith.

Thank you to those with the suggestions and concern and caring character to help.

Happy New Year to all!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a VR effect on a non VR clip?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not know nor could I find out what the VR effect is to know. So, I doubt it as there were not any effects on the clip.

I did get the issue resolved just doing the export. It did not turn out like it looked in the render---kind of nuts! So, I learned to do an export and see what end result there is.

Happy New Year and thank you for trying to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 0