• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BRAW 1.5.1 Color Grading Problem - Raw settings glitch

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot a music video with the Black Magic Pocket Cinema 6k in 6144 x 2460 @23.98 and 48fps.  Edited the footage and now that it's time to grade, the braw settings keep giving me this glitch (in attached image) I cut the project with proxies, in grading I turned off the proxies. 

At random, when I'm trying to edit the braw settings, I get this "aaaaaaaaaa" glitch in the braw fields.  I restart premiere, open the project again, and it goes away on one of the clips, then appears in another.  I'm at a complete standstill with the project.  Sometimes, I'll be able to edit the braw settings, add a lumetri grade, and then it breaks.  

Weird part: If I don't save the project after the clips break and reopen the project, the clips are still broken.  This makes me think it has something to do with the metadata. 

I've tried reformatting my machine, reinstalling premiere, clearing plist, clearing cache, I've used other footage from another clip and received the same results.  I've spoken to black magic about the problem and they're stumped. 

System specs:

Mac OS 10.14.6

Premiere 13.1.5

Mac Pro 2013 

32gb Ram

Dual D500 Firepros

Footage is on separate raid drive. 

Has anyone had this problem?  Yes, Resolve is probably better working with BRAW, yes I tried the clips in Resolve and it worked.  No, I can't edit this project in Resolve.  

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Autokroma plugin?

It does cost a bit but I prefer it to the BM one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I have not.  That's my second to last solution before crunching all the braw into prores and finishing that way, which is less than ideal. 

I looked into the plugin, and the issues related to it which made me very weary to use it.  It also clashes with BRAW 1.5.1, so I believe I'd have to uninstall 1.5.1 to be able to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the plugin, I get a ton of errors and pinkboxes in the bottom right hand corner, and completely random crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got bothe the latest BM plugin and the Autokroma one. I can use either one, and they're both working fine. I like the presets on the Autokroma one, and a couple other minor things.

The error messages lower right aren't necessarily important. Crashes ... that is a problem.

My system is running BRAW though without trouble. Huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed the developers with my issue and they were pretty responsive and detailed.  I'm going to give Autokroma another go. Can't believe no one else is having this issue.  Thanks again Neil. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often people assume that any issues they are having must be happening to many if not all other users.

The reality is that many major bugs affect less than half the users. And a lot of bugs are due to very specific things ... bits of hardware or software that on that specific machine that are interacting poorly with either Premiere or the media involved or the day of the month.

And at times, there are user choices in how they loaded media onto the computer or organized the project or something.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue with braw in premiere as well. After I've done work, when I go to change the ISO settings or try to change the white balance before grading, all of the options are grayed out, including the one where you're supposed to select 'clip'. If I try to drag in new BRAW clips only the audio will move over.  If I open the same clip in a new project it works fine.  Did you have luck?  I'm unable to really finish anything with this issue right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me with the version 1.6.1 as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up using autokroma's plugin and it's been working fine. I don't
know if it's a permanent solution, but I'd give that a go. I've had two
projects with success from it.
--
Damon Biviano
nomadiccreations.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Endrid,

That's maddening for certain.

I still am not having issues with the latest BM version, but as noted have a slight preference for the Autokroma one. Have you tried that one?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  It seems so far that it's been fixed by updating the newest patch from Blackmagic! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRAW 1.5.2 fixed it for you or 1.5.1 did?  You were getting a different error than me correct?  The boxes were greyed out but you didn't get the "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" error like myself?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't get that particular error.  Just the greyed out.  It seems to have fixed it, but sometimes it still buggs out unfortunately.  I downloaded the newest version.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do still experience this problem. The ISO settings seem to shift at random, as the same BRaw is very dark at the one moment, and very overexposed and grainy the next. And I'm completely sure, the settings are exactly the same.

It's been costing me hours to fix because after some time a clip just seems to be fine again, but it's completely random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have noted I recommend dropping the BM freebie plugin and buying the Autokroma plugin. It doesn't cost much, and it WORKS. Period. Without the constant hassles the BM freebie still has.

My BMPCC4K is my main cam, and I have no problems whatever. And I love being able to create presets for my BRAW work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines