• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BRAW Master Clip Settings greyed out

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason my master settings for a braw-clip are greyed out from time to time. After a restart it's mostly solved for some time. Is there any setting I don't see to solve this? 

Thank you!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-13 um 13.49.41.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

I have exactly the same problem. Haven't moved any files or re-linked anything, but still this appears seemingly out of the blue. A premiere restart usually solves it briefly as you say, but then it's back within seconds. Maybe less relevant but I also find that this isn't an issue in the beginning of a new project, but happens a little later, when you invested the time - which makes this especially lovely to deal with... Somebody save us! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Haven't moved any files or re-linked anything, but still this appears seemingly out of the blue. A premiere restart usually solves it briefly as you say, but then it's back within seconds. Maybe less relevant but I also find that this isn't an issue in the beginning of a new project, but happens a little later, when you invested the time - which makes this especially lovely to deal with... Somebody save us! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm not sure if it's an Adobe problem or just a poorly built plugin by Blackmagic, or lack of proper colaboration between the 2, but it blows ass. It would be cool to not have to go through Resolve on quick lower budget burner projects/videos. Help Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still running into this problem so I wanted to post a workaround that seems to solve the issue (at least short-term for me).

1. Hit the reset button on the Blackmagic RAW tab.

2. Click out of the source settings for your braw clip (I toggle to the window that shows transform properties. 

3. Click back into the Source settings for your clip.

• For me here, Decode settings is now available, and can switch between metadata and clip.

4. Set Decode using to Clip

• This turns your video into red and black stripes in the program monitor, but ungreys the "revert to metadata" button.

5. Click "revert to metadata".

Once I finish my raw adjustments, I'll usually hit "Update Sidecar" to create a metadata file that can be edited in textedit. This is also useful if you need to send your clips over to after effects using dynamic link, but don't want to lose all your metadata settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BlackMagic last updated their plugin on 16 Dec. 2019. It's had routine problems for a number of users, including me. I tested the Autokroma plugin before buying, and ... it just worked. So I bought it both for Premiere and MediaEncoder.

And ... it just works, I don't get this kind of behavior which was routine with the BM plugin. You might want to check that out. You can't have both 'installed' in the plugins folder at the same time, but it's pretty easy to move the one out to test the other.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stumbled upon this post because I've been having the same issue. Did you ever discover anything new on this issue? It's good to know that restarting Premiere Pro gets it working again, although a little annoying to have to restart so often. Just curious, which Blackmagic RAW plug-in version do you have? I'm having issues with Version 1.7. I was wondering if all of the versions will be like this, or if it's only Version 1.7. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Tried to upgrade to RAW 2.0, but didn't work. I'm on PrPro 2021 and what worked was I had to downgrade to 1.6.1 and now somehow works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please report this issue to Blackmagic Support
Please upvote this request.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! (I know this post becomes a bit old, but in case some people have the same problem 🙂

The Blackmagic Plugin have problems on some computers, but also can work without trouble in others. The first thing to test is to update your Blackmagic plugin from their website. 

If it doesn't work better, or if you want to get a better experience with BRAW in Premiere Pro with more features (some bug fixed, Presets system to quickly apply Source Settings, CustomA/B to quickly compare and save 2 differents set of settings, and much more coming !), you can test the free trial of BRAW Studio here : https://www.autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

I had the same prblem? I ran the Braw Windows Plugin again and chose to repair the install, then restarted my PC and everything went back to normal and I could select the clip settings in Premier Pro CC. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same issue.  And so far the only solution I have found is to start a new project.  But I do ask if you at any point tried copying and pasting RAW settings amongst your clips.  I have never had this problem until I tried to do that this time around.  Then the problem started.  So in the future I am going to avoid copying and pasting RAW settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're using the freebie BlackMagic plugin? You might consider the Autokroma one if you're doing this professionally. Not much cost, and it works ... with a lot more features than the BM freebie.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have experienced this particular issue using both BM's and Autokroma's plug-in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to Window/Extensions, and select a BRAW extension, what shows up? Is there any dialog or something that says there's and error/problem/inactive or whatever?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works for me in my current project.  My "GAMMA Control" selections were gray prior to this.

Change your 1st "Gamma" selection to one of the Blackmagic selections such as "Blackmagic Design Custom".  It doesn't work for "BM Video".

Blackmagic RAW - GAMMA Controls.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines