Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brightness issues subtitles Premiere Pro 2021

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have issues with exporting subtitles in Premiere Pro 2021. Subtitles changed in this new version to create a caption track with a new format/style. I chose the format ''subtitle'' and style ''none''. Vanity settings are: fill ''white'', background ''75% opacity, 13pt size''. I exported my sequence via software only in H.264 format. In the exported .mp4 (not visible in the sequence in Premiere Pro) there's a brightness change whenever there is a subtitle. It has a greyish overlay/lower brightness setting over the entire screen. Brightness turns back to normal if there are no subtitles in the image. It's extremely annoying to look at all of those brightness changes in a video.

I can't change the export settings to the recommended as I get the well-known compiling error, or I would try. Does anyone know a fix that doesn't mean that I have to redo everything in text?

Working on:

Macbook Pro

MacOS Big Sur

Intel Core i5 processor

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645, 1536 MB

Almost 1TB left in storage

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever resolve this? A friend is having similar issues that I'm trying to help figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has popped up from time to time. If I remember correctly, a few people could export in say ProRes and not get this, then did their H.264/5 deliverables from that 'master' ProRes in Handbrake, ShutterEncoder, or ffmpeg.

But ... that's a remembrance and I don't guarantee it will work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines