• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bring back Encore!

Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE bring back Encore!  There's still life left in physical media, as evidenced in, for example, Paramount's recent announcement of the Paramount Presents series of classic (1980's, etc.) movies on blu-ray.  There's also opportunity for Encore to support 4K blu-ray authoring with Dolby Atmos audio, Dolby Vision, etc.  For now, I've switched to VEGAS DVD Architect (last true professional DVD/blu-ray authoring software as far as I know), but I really miss Encore's easier/more intuitive interface and tight integration with Photoshop for menu design.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Encore is dead because of third party legal issues and will never be revived.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore is dead because of third party legal issues and will never be revived.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but as Peru Bob stated, Encore will NEVER be brought back. You see, the company that owned the authoring engine that was behind Encore was bought out by another company, who then proceeded to kill off that company's entire software line. Rovi (which later became TiVo Corporation, and now Xperi) bought Sonic Solutions primarily for its patents and hardware assets, and determined that its software division was unprofitable and had to be killed off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should create some type of Blu-ray authoring software simular to Encore. Millions of 4K Blu-ray discs have been sold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it would be easier for us, but it isn't going to happen. They'd have to license the authoring code from one of the current holders of those patents, then create a whole new application from scratch. For the number of users (like thee & me) that would use this at least some of the time, well ... we're too small a sub-section of the user base.

There are other authoring options out there, and we have to get one of those. Most of which haven't had any updating in years themselves. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyberlink Power2Go 13 has a trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the serial number CS6 so I can't verify the possible solution at the end of the message below, but it is claimed there that it is still possible to install Encore and use it via the Cloud, by following the exact instructions in the message from Averdahl... as always with old links, copy the download to an external device
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-is-everyone-making-dvd-s-in-premiere-pro-without-enc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines