• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser Window Defaulting to Icon View

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, maybe with the latest version, anytime I open a project, even when I had the browser open in list view, it opens in icon view. My main project window is always in list view and if I'm adding photos I'd put the photos in icon view, but for some reason, it's defaulting to icon view everytime. Not a huge deal, but a weird quirk and I'm not sure why it's happening. I haven't been able to find a preference to set the default behavior.

Thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I train Premiere and have seen this behavior happen repeatedly in Premiere.

It is a quirk that I have learned to live with.

Sorry that I don't have a solid fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still trying to find this bug and pull their legs off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still trying to find this bug and pull their legs off.

By @Jon.M.

I have seen this for years but what i do is to setup and arrange the workspace the way i want it, in this case setting the Project panel to List View. When done i go to Windows > Workspaces > Save as New Workspace and give it a name.

This seems to work here on Windows 10 and 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this problem continue to exist. everytime I open a project, always and with my own workspace up and how I saved it, the project panel goes back to icon view. I do not see a way to rememdy this behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a random, wild guess thought:

Everything in your top-level Project view is a folder. If you throw an asset of any kind in there, does List view stick upon saving/re-opening?

It's no help to you, but with a mix of folders and assets in my top-level view, List view sticks for me. Hence my suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good one Jeff, I thought you may be on to something... yet alas, no. i moved an asset out of a bin, closed the project and reopened, same bin icons and one video clip thumbnail. didn't work, every project, new or old, defaults to icon view in the project panel. so I tried a bunch of similar things, new files, fresh bins, other workspace,  tried to find a preference etc... This is no big thing, just one of those annoyances. I'll reset preferences or reinistall later when I am not on a project... Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Please post back if you find something that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines