Bug - Failed to create h.264 encoder

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever i'm trying to export a video from any of my sequences I get this error

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

04/28/2017 10:15:35 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Failed to create encoder.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\E:\Test file.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;00;00;00

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 3

My settings
Format: H.264
Resolution: 1920x1080
Frame rate: 60FPS
Field order: Progressive
Pixel Aspect ratio:1.0
H.264 Profile:High
H.264 level: 5.2
Render at maximum Depth: enabled
Bitrate Encoding: CBR
target bit rate: 300MPBS
Use maximum render quality: Enabled

My specs:

CPU: AMD-FX-8350
Main storage drive used to encode to and from:Samsung 850 evo - SATA III
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 (Asus dual)
Ram: 32GB of DDR3 1600MHz

I'm running the current version of all drivers, and on the latest version of Windows 10, and before the 2017 update to premiere pro these settings worked, be it a bit slow as this computer is a bit old, but now it fails to create the encoder at these settings specifically, i've tried the built-in presets and they work but these settings are lossless and work fine for what I'm doing, does anyone have an answer to this? because to me it seems like a bug in the current update but there could be a way around it

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Roei Tzoref | Most Valuable Participant

I am able to reproduce the problem in my system. seems that any bit-rate above 240 is failing. this can be your workaround, I don't suppose you would notice any difference between 300 and 240. better go here and submit the bug report Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bug - Failed to create h.264 encoder

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever i'm trying to export a video from any of my sequences I get this error

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

04/28/2017 10:15:35 PM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Failed to create encoder.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\E:\Test file.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;00;00;00

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 3

My settings
Format: H.264
Resolution: 1920x1080
Frame rate: 60FPS
Field order: Progressive
Pixel Aspect ratio:1.0
H.264 Profile:High
H.264 level: 5.2
Render at maximum Depth: enabled
Bitrate Encoding: CBR
target bit rate: 300MPBS
Use maximum render quality: Enabled

My specs:

CPU: AMD-FX-8350
Main storage drive used to encode to and from:Samsung 850 evo - SATA III
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 (Asus dual)
Ram: 32GB of DDR3 1600MHz

I'm running the current version of all drivers, and on the latest version of Windows 10, and before the 2017 update to premiere pro these settings worked, be it a bit slow as this computer is a bit old, but now it fails to create the encoder at these settings specifically, i've tried the built-in presets and they work but these settings are lossless and work fine for what I'm doing, does anyone have an answer to this? because to me it seems like a bug in the current update but there could be a way around it

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Roei Tzoref | Most Valuable Participant

I am able to reproduce the problem in my system. seems that any bit-rate above 240 is failing. this can be your workaround, I don't suppose you would notice any difference between 300 and 240. better go here and submit the bug report Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 29, 2017 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to change the renderer in AME and see if that changes anything. I would reset AME preferences too, then I would see if this is related to a footage or happens every time with these specific settings settings. every Adobe costumer (especially in the video department) has to be some kind of a tech support troubleshooter unfortunately... some enjoy crushing bugs though

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i've tried to re-install both AME and Premiere, and reset all the preferences, and even tried other videos with different bit rates, content, lengths, and formats, nothing seems to be working, and even changing the renderer from cuda to software only didn't help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. I just uninstalled ME 14.6 and installed ME 14.5 so that I could export for a client. I'll do more troubleshooting when I get it back installed and let people know what I have found. Could be a driver issue with the 14.6 version. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0