BUG: premiere 2020 not saving audio Dynamics preset settings

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Premiere 2020 will not save my audio Dynamics preset settings.

I apply the effect and save the preset.

(In my case: Limiter -1db; MakeUp +15db)

Everything seems to work fine, until closing and reopening the programme.

I select my saved preset and apply to a clip.

However, this time there are two problems:

1) for some reason the effect applied is the old (obsolete) Dynamics effect, not the new one I originally applied. That in itself wouldn't actually be a problem were it not for...

2) the effect is reset to the default values. Aaargh!!

Very annoying because this is one of the effects I use most in Premiere. In fact, I'm going back to premiere 2019 until this is fixed.

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Explorer , Nov 30, 2020
dominics65875959 Explorer , Nov 30, 2020
Thanks Neil.In the meantime, I did actually find a workaround.Bizarrely, if I select all the audio, then click 'edit in Adobe Audition', the effect seems to 'bake into' Premiere and the export works. 

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get exactly the same problem. It's wasting my time having to enter every setting (also for audio/Dynamics) everytime. I have hundreds of videos to edit. I'll try Premiere Pro 2019 too. This is driving me crazy! 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another problem...

After manually setting all my clips to the new Dynamics effect (the only way the project would remember the tweaked settings) I now find that when exporting all these effects are ignored!

Thanks Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting this behavior on my Win10 machine with the latest public or the public beta versions. I wonder why yours is doing this?

Perhaps the good ol' "trash preferences" step would help. It often fixes odd behaviors.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil.

In the meantime, I did actually find a workaround.

Bizarrely, if I select all the audio, then click 'edit in Adobe Audition', the effect seems to 'bake into' Premiere and the export works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines