Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug Proxy Workflow with 2.0 Anamorphic footage

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've run into a pretty large bug. I have some footage from an Alexa mini. Files are ProRes 4444, 2944 x 2160, Pixel aspect 2.0.

I want to make Proxy files with a small pixel count, ideally half, 1472 x 1080.

Unfortunately, it appears that the transcode screws up the pixel aspect ratio, and all I get are black clips. I've created my own ingest presets, I've tried all the built-in presets in Premiere, both H.264 and Quicktime.

Nothing works. I can't even import the clips into Media Encoder and just transcode, skipping the ingest process. 

All I get are black clips any time I try to make anything less that the native 2944 x 2160.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was hoping someone with some Alexa mini experience would hop in. Ah well.

Do you have a short clip you could upload for me to test on my machine? If we both have the same problems, that would be good data to pass on via their UserVoice system. If it works on mine, then we've got someplace to start sorting out the issue you're having.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines