• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Timeline playback is extremely laggy in CC 2019

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd classify the current timeline playback implementation as very buggy in the most recent release. I'm running with up to date Nvidia drivers (with the latest version of Cuda), and in testing a project on the previous version and this version, the playback lag rendered editing in CC 2019 completely unusable.

Is anyone else dealing with similar issues? I'm on a Windows PC laptop, i7-7700HQ, 32 Gigs of ram. The previous version worked perfectly for editing GH5 10-bit footage. As a test, I have the same project setup in Davinci Resolve 15, and it plays and perfectly with zero lag.

Adobe, please fix the playback and Cuda acceleration problems in the latest version!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

I am not using proxies. I have used the proxy workflow before, but am not prepared to unnecessarily change my workflow due to a bug. I'm sticking to CC 2018 since the timeline playback works as it should.

I'll give CC 2019 another try in a few months once they've worked out the bugs and fixed their Cuda support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. When I take a clip and speed it up it becomes glitchy with play back then just freezes on a frame, if I render out the clip then it plays normal without the gltiching but I have to render any time I make changes. Wish they would fix this problem so anoying totaly ruins my work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy... bought a threadripper 3970x and thought... no more stutter or lagg. I've spent $8000 on a computer and premiere is not fun to work with anyway. If I use essential graphics it stutters.. It feels what ever I do I expect stutter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! Why is Adobe ignoring this thread? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the audio latency to 120 did it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any news? Have 3700x/64 Gb/Quadro RTX 4000 and can't playback any 4k clip with transition. I mean on timeline 4k is okay, but if I have 2 clips and some "cross dissolve" transition my playback freezes on it. Like 200-300 dropped frames, pause about 10 sec, lags..

With proxy it's ok. But I don't want proxy. How to fix? Tried everything from the tread - no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines