Highlighted

[BUG] Waveforms displaying incorrectly when nested

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

I'm having issues with audio wave forms changing drastically (and displaying incorrectly) after I make a cut or through-edit on nested audio (and when I select "new sequence from clip" when working with multi-cam sequences). I've cleared all of my cache and checked for Adobe/Windows updates.... still no luck. Has anyone encountered this and found a solution?

Here is before a through edit:

Before though-editBefore though-edit

Here is after a through-cut (same portion of the timeline):

Audio Nest Bug Picture 2.JPG

Topics

Audio, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[BUG] Waveforms displaying incorrectly when nested

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

I'm having issues with audio wave forms changing drastically (and displaying incorrectly) after I make a cut or through-edit on nested audio (and when I select "new sequence from clip" when working with multi-cam sequences). I've cleared all of my cache and checked for Adobe/Windows updates.... still no luck. Has anyone encountered this and found a solution?

Here is before a through edit:

Before though-editBefore though-edit

Here is after a through-cut (same portion of the timeline):

Audio Nest Bug Picture 2.JPG

Topics

Audio, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to rule out some easy possibilities.... 

- You dont have any track level effects applied?

- The change in waveform sizes changed IMMEDIATELY upon adding the through edits with the razor tool (or Cmd/Ctrl+K)? - You said you cleared the cache, but did you also delete the Peak files folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jason!

I didn't think to test it with/without track effects. It appears the track effects are triggering the bug. I nested audio without track effects and made a few test cuts. The waveforms appear correctly in that instance.

What's the best way to report this to Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely here! https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

It's for feature requests and bug reports. The page looks janky, but they DO look at it! 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, no effects on the nested audio, and the PEAK FILES folder needs to be cleared out. This is in addition to clearing the regular media cache. Then the nested audio wave form should function.

This seems like excessive required steps. This is also a persistent issue, on a top feature of Premiere.

EDIT: TLDR; This doesn't sound like a "Solved" issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not solved for me either. Please revise. Nested multicam was working until I put a compressor on the audio IN the nested sequence. Now I cannot get the waveforms to come back no matter what I try (all the previous steps and more). I deleted the effects, tried a new audio layer, deleted peak files, cache, and am frustrated at this...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems this is related? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MarkRobo LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot understand why this is still an issue. I've been dealing with this for 8 years and Adobe still has not sorted it. I constantly have to deal with it with different types of projects and it's incredibly annoying especially when I think of how much I have spent with Adobe on my subscription.

I'm constantly having to find "workarounds" to do this and even then they rarely work. Below is a screengrab of a timeline with a nested sequence. The nested sequence is the same format/framerate/resolution etc as the main sequence. It contains two camera angles and a clean audio file of the interview. No effects on clips or channels.

You can clearly see from the attached image that where the play-head is the waveform shows a dip in audio but the audio levels are happily bouncing along showing the opposite of what the waveform is showing. 

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 12.24.51.png

My frustration is that it shouldn't matter if I have audio effects or not it should display the appropriate waveform. If it can tell me it needs to be rendered it should be able to display the correct waveform. If it doesn't need rendering then it should easily be able to display the right waveform!!!

Just so frustrating! 8 Years of dealing with this...

Why adobe why?!?!?!?! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines