• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug with transform when scaling too large?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vector graphic at very high resolution that I've scaled down in Premiere at around 7.8% (I want to wind up scaling up and not losing quality).  I'm using a transform effect for an animation.  Everything goes fine for a while, but once I scale up past around 132%, the preview window goes black and the graphic will no longer render.  I can get around this by toggling off the hardware acceleration, but doing so introduces another problem where part of my graphic is inexplicably cut off during part of the animation.  Export fails with acceleration on, but the random cropping occurs on export when it's turned off.  Is there any way around this?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the sequence settings and what are the height and with of the image.

On a side note a vector image gets rasterized on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I misspoke when I said I was using a vector natively.  It was created as a vector and I imported it as a transparent PNG.

Sequence settings are 1920x1080 at 23.976FPS.  I'm not working with much material at all.  I'd be happy to share the graphic and project file and see if you could sort this out on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is a compressed format. Are you able to import the vector as Adobe Illustrator (AI) file? If you have Illustrator (part of CC) installed, you can consider preparing the vector there at whatever source you're thinking of using it in PPro. Apparently, you wish to go larger than 1080p, so I would suggest creating a document in Illustrator that is 4K and stretch the vector to the desired size there. After saving it in Illustrator, import the AI file in PPro and do your animation.

Better option, however, is to use After Effects for animation work. It was made for this. PPro is made for audio and video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce your issue.

Animation works fine up to the end.

Might want to reduce the dimensions of the png, they are a bit over the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has had several scaling issues for the past seven years. That being said does enabling high quality playabck fix the problem as seen in the video below? I think Adobe needs to scrap the super buggy Mercury Playback Engine and implement the Saturn 5 system. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mJnLnyACog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines