• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buggy timeline

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what is causing this, but it seems to only happen to this project.

Every thing else loads and works properly, but when I attempt to click on the timeline it's super slow, and doesn't show what I'm doing in real time. Whenever that black bar appears on the left and top side of the timeline is when it's happening.

cpu: 3900x

gpu: 2070super

2tb hdd

2-1tb ssd's

I had the scratch disks on the hdd, moved them to ssd but it's still happening.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing Premiere, then relaunch, but instead of opening a project, go direct to the Preferences/Media Cache tab, and use the option near the top to delete all cache files.

Then open your project, allow Premiere a few moments to rebuild, and see if it works properly.

If not, try creating a new project, and use the Media Browser panel in Premiere to navigate to and select the older project file, and import/ingest the sequences from it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first step didn't work. Timeline was still missing/buggy post-cache delete.

I was able to make a new project and import the sequences. Though, they transfered as a nested clip. But atleast I can work now!

Also, my cache files are being stored under Lightroom. Is this normal?

c:\users\kevin\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm ... the sequences came into the project panel as nests? That's not what I'd expect.

You set the "scratch disk" file location in the Project settings Scratch disk dialog ... so you can tell Premiere where to put them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines