• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button Editor not responding

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to add a button with the button editor in the monitor windows, nothing happens. Trying to add toggle proxies. I click it, nothing happens. I click reset, nothing happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Click and drag the button to the Transport Controls.

button click and drag.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click and drag the button to the Transport Controls.

button click and drag.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh... thanks so much for making me look as dumb as I am! Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came for the same question. You don't look dumb. This works like nothing else in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Button Editor is a bit different in functionality, but hopefully makes sense once you figure out drag and drop. That said, please feel free to submit feedback on how we can improve upon this: Premiere Pro: Hot (5515 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buttons.gif

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has got to be one of the dumbest ways of doing this.  I've already hit the "Add" button, why wouldn't clicking the icon just put it next in the cue.  Having the fuctionality of clicking and dragging is fine, but I literally just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out why Premiere was 'unresponsive'.  This isn't intuitive.  Adobe HAS to know that.  

One other comment: Adobe, please check out Ableton's info box.  I know you're trying to manage a lot in one layout, but Ableton is doing something similar and just has an info box that (while you can minimize it) activates terms, definitions, and functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am having an issue with the button editor now and am wondering if somebody could help. It suddenly stopped working and It wont let me edit / drag new buttons down (using drag and drop) Please see the below. The button just goes grey and wont add.

Thanks!

Mac OS High sierra 10.13.6

Premiere 14.5.0

May-25-2021 17-27-12.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to create a new project and then import the sequences from the old one. That seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines