• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[C++] Neither dylib plugin nor bundle loads on macOS

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(this can be replicated with the ExportController sample project)

Works fine on Windows, but on macOS nothing [relevant] appears in my Export menu. I copy the file to:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

I have tried generating a dylib for my project, and I've tried with a bundle. In both cases nothing appears, though when I open Premiere Pro it does say its loading it on the screen (along with the Adobe logo).

I've also tried holding down `shift` to get rid of the plugin cache, and looking in `~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro 2021/*.log` but there are no error, warning, or info messages. Maybe I've got a permissions issue, am building for the wrong architecture, need to bind a certain additional library, need to do some code-signing, or something similar?

How do I figure out what's going wrong?

TOPICS
Export , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

If I download the PPro C++ SDK and (without modification) build the ExportController project on my Intel Mac, the resulting bundle is created:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-Ins/7.0/MediaCore/Debug/ExportController.bundle

If I then launch PPro, and make a sequence active, I can trigger the ExportController from PPro's File --> Export menu. 

Where does your experience, depart from [above]?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on our direct conversation, waiting a few moments fixed the issue; let me know if that wasn't the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bruce BullisSorry no the "waiting a few moments" solution was for a different problem.

This plugin works on Windows but not macOS, and I'm getting no log message telling me why it's failing. Am I looking in the wrong places for the logfile? - What linker and other build flags do I need? - Does the output need to be bundled? - Does the bundle need to be code signed? - Am I putting the file in the right place? - Does it need certain filesystem permissions and file attributes?

(I've got no idea why it's not appearing in the "Export" menu so I'm guessing here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I download the PPro C++ SDK and (without modification) build the ExportController project on my Intel Mac, the resulting bundle is created:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-Ins/7.0/MediaCore/Debug/ExportController.bundle

If I then launch PPro, and make a sequence active, I can trigger the ExportController from PPro's File --> Export menu. 

Where does your experience, depart from [above]?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirming: You are using the provided XCode project, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines