Highlighted

Camera panning scene juddery when converted to MP4 (CALVC vs CABAC & Profile) ?

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HD video in which there is a camera panning scene.

The scene looks Ok, but when I convert it down to MP4, it looks slightly more juddery than I'd like it to be.

Could this be helped by using the right MP4 settings ?

My bit rate is high enough, but I am wondering if there is a concensus on if CALVC is better than CABAC, and what profile is best to choose (High 3.0 for example) ?

The original video is an uncompressed and the camera panning scene looks not perfect motion, but acceptable in that.  Its only when its converted to MP4 the judder is more apparent.

Topics

Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera panning scene juddery when converted to MP4 (CALVC vs CABAC & Profile) ?

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HD video in which there is a camera panning scene.

The scene looks Ok, but when I convert it down to MP4, it looks slightly more juddery than I'd like it to be.

Could this be helped by using the right MP4 settings ?

My bit rate is high enough, but I am wondering if there is a concensus on if CALVC is better than CABAC, and what profile is best to choose (High 3.0 for example) ?

The original video is an uncompressed and the camera panning scene looks not perfect motion, but acceptable in that.  Its only when its converted to MP4 the judder is more apparent.

Topics

Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?