• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a Pr script automatically process gopro clips?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'd like to set up some sort of script to automatically remove fisheye, warp stabilize, and perhaps color correct clips I take with my gopro.  I'd like to avoid manually doing this, as it's pretty onerous if there are a good number of clips.  Any thoughts on how to set this up?

Thanks in advance...

[Moderator note: title edited for clarity and help with finding assistance.]

TOPICS
Export , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Unfortunately, the public API doens't contain any calls for applying an effect, which is what you'd need to do for removing lens distortion and warp stabilization.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add an effect to one clip and copy/paste attributes to many other clips in one go.

As for Warp Stabilizer you can add the effect to multiple clips in the timeline in one go.

But you still have to adjust them one by one as no clip is the same.

But that may also apply to color correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann.  I was thinking more along the lines of, for example, a Photoshop script.  You record a macro, and then point photoshop at say a folder full of images, and it applies the same steps to each image.  Yes, Warp Stabilizer will be different for each clip, but if scripting of some sort is possible, then this should be possible.  One can, for example, run "auto tone" on an image in a photoshop macro/script, even though the exact result of that process is different for each image.  But... premiere pro may just not have scripting like this in it's list of capabilities...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is scripting available for Premiere Pro, and the full scripting SDK is public and available for use. Very few of us "here" have any experience in scripting however.

One of the engineers that works with scripting does occasionally pop in when it comes up here, hope they do this time ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil - here's hoping an engineer comes along!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the public API doens't contain any calls for applying an effect, which is what you'd need to do for removing lens distortion and warp stabilization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thanks, bummer!  any plans to implement this in future versions, or might you suggest other adobe products that could accomplish what i'm after?  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines