• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a series of Write-on keyframes be linearly stretched?

Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've drawn an animated line on a map with the Write-on effect. The keypoints (waypoints) are at varying distances apart, so to achieve the same linear speed along the line, I also placed the keyframes at varying distances apart.

Now I want to extend the duration. I could recalculate where all the keyframes should be to achieve a linear speed along the line, but I thought there may be a technique within Premiere where I can simply move the end points (stretch the distance between beginning and end) and all other keyframes in between are stretched linearly as well.

So, can Premiere linearly stretch keyframes between a beginning and end point?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Premiere Pro might have the same function as After Effects for stretching keyframes = select keyframes, hold 'option' ('Alt' for PC) and drag the keyframes to expand or contract their spacing ... but no. 

A workaround might be to nest the clip with the animation and then time stretch it? Not elegant, but might work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try nesting, otherwise it will be a manual re-calculate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines