Highlighted

Can anyone tell me how to edit closed captions in a video?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently doenloaded a video file which has Russian closed captions. I wish to edit this and input English captions in its place. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can anyone tell me how to edit closed captions in a video?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently doenloaded a video file which has Russian closed captions. I wish to edit this and input English captions in its place. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this doesn't get you on the right track, provide more information and we'll follow up from there.

Are the captions/subtitles embedded in the video file you are importing? Or is there a sidecar file?

PR will import the embedded captions for some file types. There is a setting for importing the caption file. Preferences -> Media. Checkbox to "Include captions on import."

If the captions are in a separate (sidecar) file, you must import it separately.

If embedded and PR is not importing, you must use a separate app to extract the caption stream.

You can use a third party app, such as the free SubtitleEdit, to do the translation. Once you have a sidecar file, open in SE and translate. Save a sidecar file and import to PR.

PR will only embed to quicktime and mxf.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Her is a start: premiere pro captions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines