• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I apply multiple effects to 1 path or copy the path from one effect to another?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone:

I tried googling this but I could not find the answer: Can I apply multiple effects to 1 mask path or copy the mask path from one effect to another? 

I have a video that has a piece of text on it that needs to be covered up.  I want to apply gaussian blur and change to color to the exact same moving target on the video.  I spent days creating the mask paths for the change to color effect and now I want to add blur to the exact same area on each frame.  Despite tracking, setting up the mask path takes me a really long time and I often have to adjust frame by frame.  Do I really have to do it twice, once per effect?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Yes, you can copy masks ... simply right-click on the mask "name", then select "copy", and paste onto your other effect.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can copy masks ... simply right-click on the mask "name", then select "copy", and paste onto your other effect.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell me Neil, does it every bother you that you're so smart...?  Will I remember this when I need to use this technique?

probably not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mgrenadier,

I'm what is called "high functioning Aspergers" which is to say ... autistic, but not visually notably so. Which tends to involve a bit of narrowly focused work at times ... for both good and ill.

I love color, find graphics fun, and have simply gone off the deep end pushing those around at times for what I really needed to be doing. And I have learned some other things I need to know, to do what I do. But so many, many other areas of Premiere or Ae, Audition, and Resolve ... sigh. I don't know nearly as much, or have the depth for so many things as I would like. Or see in some others.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me, not so high functioning...    and like you, my expertise can be spotty.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil:

Thanks again!

I had found a post saying that it could be done but they didn't say that you right click on the mask name so I was trying to copy the timeline dots, haha.

I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can marquee-select and copy the keyframes for most effects in the ECP, then paste those on another instance of the same effect.

But for some things like this, it's better to simply copy the effect (the mask in this case) and paste.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines