Can I change frame rate of a clip without affecting the cuts I did in my timeline?

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...   Need some help figuring out how to change the frame rate of my clips without affecting the place of frame/cut I already did in my timeline....   I tought that it would be faster to review my clips in my timeline at the original speed so i didnt have to look at all material in slow motion and remove all the parts of the clips that I couldnt use by doing some cuts before i changed the frame rate.     So my problem is that now that I finished all that work (long time)...  when I then change the frame rate of my clips from 100 to 23.976, it just moves the clips forward so my cuts remains in the same place but the clip is much longer so it cuts in the wrong frame....  ooooo so difficult to explain...     for example.  if I had a clip that is 2 min long, and I did cut it in the middle, then when I change the frame rate of the clip... it becomes much longer and it is still cut at 1 min but in a completely wrong frame because the video got much longer...  how do I do so the clip still cuts in the right frame, it doesnt matter if it gets longer in my timeline but I need the cut i did to be in the right frame.  =).  hope I was kind of ok explaining 😃

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I change frame rate of a clip without affecting the cuts I did in my timeline?

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...   Need some help figuring out how to change the frame rate of my clips without affecting the place of frame/cut I already did in my timeline....   I tought that it would be faster to review my clips in my timeline at the original speed so i didnt have to look at all material in slow motion and remove all the parts of the clips that I couldnt use by doing some cuts before i changed the frame rate.     So my problem is that now that I finished all that work (long time)...  when I then change the frame rate of my clips from 100 to 23.976, it just moves the clips forward so my cuts remains in the same place but the clip is much longer so it cuts in the wrong frame....  ooooo so difficult to explain...     for example.  if I had a clip that is 2 min long, and I did cut it in the middle, then when I change the frame rate of the clip... it becomes much longer and it is still cut at 1 min but in a completely wrong frame because the video got much longer...  how do I do so the clip still cuts in the right frame, it doesnt matter if it gets longer in my timeline but I need the cut i did to be in the right frame.  =).  hope I was kind of ok explaining 😃

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone who knows?    

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0