• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I continually auto synch all new project content from hardrive to Prem Pro as I collect it?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community

First question here. Please be nice. 

I am editing my project from my external drive. I have created most of the folders I think I will need on an external drive "interview recordings", "footage", "music etc". Over the next few weeks I am going to be adding to these folders on my external hard drive. Is there a way that I can get these files to snych so they are added to the respective bins in Premiere Pro, rather than having to save them to my external harddrive project folder, and then remember to add them to Premiere Pro?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Colin Smith (videorevealed.com) did a tutorial on a plugin that does this: https://youtu.be/xFO1WGkuAh4

I've never used it, so I can't personally vouch for its quality. But he seems to think it's great and apparently the company has a great reputation.

I think a third-party solution is your only choice at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere will not auto-import/ingest media. So as you add assets, you will need to import/ingest those into the project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colin Smith (videorevealed.com) did a tutorial on a plugin that does this: https://youtu.be/xFO1WGkuAh4

I've never used it, so I can't personally vouch for its quality. But he seems to think it's great and apparently the company has a great reputation.

I think a third-party solution is your only choice at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines