Highlighted

Can I fix my Amateur music video project?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, well here is my story and I'll try to keep it simple with just the obvious problems I currently have.  I am a beginner level premier Pro musician who is determined to get my bands video out by the release date of October 17th. What I really want is to creat a lyric video and use the raw footage of our band playing in between. I've run into a few snags based on the fact that we are not professional videographers.

Problem 1. While renting a camera and sure I had all of the settings correct, there happened to be one switch that was turned off, the result. No audio. I'm sure I can figure out what is going on but I would love to use the footage using the multicamera sequence and syncing it to audio. Can I take that raw footage, add the audio track and make clips from that to use in my main video? 

Problem 2. A horrid banner that is used for the local music scene with white writing looms in the background of most of the shots, no I have no idea why none of us noticed this during the shots. While I'm quite sure some of them can be cropped out MOST cannot. Can I fix this in anyway? It is at the top of the frame and it's quite dark. Can I Vignette it or something? Thoughts? Ideas on this.... 

Any suggestions on using templates, for those who do create lyric and music videos? Any specific companies that you recommend. Any help is much appreciated to help me on my journey. 

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I fix my Amateur music video project?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, well here is my story and I'll try to keep it simple with just the obvious problems I currently have.  I am a beginner level premier Pro musician who is determined to get my bands video out by the release date of October 17th. What I really want is to creat a lyric video and use the raw footage of our band playing in between. I've run into a few snags based on the fact that we are not professional videographers.

Problem 1. While renting a camera and sure I had all of the settings correct, there happened to be one switch that was turned off, the result. No audio. I'm sure I can figure out what is going on but I would love to use the footage using the multicamera sequence and syncing it to audio. Can I take that raw footage, add the audio track and make clips from that to use in my main video? 

Problem 2. A horrid banner that is used for the local music scene with white writing looms in the background of most of the shots, no I have no idea why none of us noticed this during the shots. While I'm quite sure some of them can be cropped out MOST cannot. Can I fix this in anyway? It is at the top of the frame and it's quite dark. Can I Vignette it or something? Thoughts? Ideas on this.... 

Any suggestions on using templates, for those who do create lyric and music videos? Any specific companies that you recommend. Any help is much appreciated to help me on my journey. 

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand of your questions the answer to both of them is "yes." But obviously it somewhat depends 😉

1. Super bummer that you didn't get audio recorded, but yes, if you have audio from another source you can match that to the video. You won't be able to use any sort of automated syncing using your video that doesn't have a reference audio track, so you'll need to manually sync up the audio and video. Hopefully you have long-running shots and not a whole bunch of stop-and-go recordings, because obviously that's going to be a lot more difficult. I'm going to go ahead and assume you don't have timecode jammed, so we can skip that as an option (although it's really not that big of a deal to manually sync a couple of things, again, assuming you have long takes and not a bunch of starts/stops). If you do have a bunch of starts/stops, you can try to see if your video had timecode recorded in "Free Run" and not "Rec Run", and then you can possibly get them into the timeline with some kind of chronological order based on when they were shot, but that assumes you were performing a whole set and not shooting disparate takes.

2. You can use a vignette or find another way to cover up/replace the banner. You are potentially stepping into the realm of some VFX/compositing work there, and the level of difficulty depends a lot on the shots. Is the banner behind moving figures? Because then you'd need to rotoscope out the foreground elements (a lot of work). Are the camera shots static or moving? Static basically means you could create something to cover up the banner and you don't have to do any tracking, otherwise you'd need to do some tracking in After Effects - planar tracking with mocha, most likely.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! 

I do have full shots of the whole song. Would I then open up a new project, attach the audio file in the correct spot and then, what format would I save that in? AE project file? Or would I need to save it as a MP4 to be able to use in in a multicamera sequence? Thanks so much for the help.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would probably do is just manually create a Multicam Sequence.

Start out by bringing all your shots into a sequence and sync'ing them up with the audio. Let's say you have 3 camera angles, none of which have audio (If you have audio on some of them, great, it just makes it easier).

Use visual cues and your knowledge of the song to get each video in sync with your audio track. You can use clip markers (default key 'M' while selected on the clip) to help you mark points that are sync'd up. Get one video track lined up, then hide it and get the next one lined up, and the next one, etc. When you're done you'll have a sequence with your 3 video tracks all together with an audio track. Maybe it looks something like this:

PhillipJoseph_0-1601939593254.png

Now you can select all that (Ctrl+A) and right click and choose Nest. Give it a name, like "SomethingSomething_Multicam" and hit Ok.

Now you will have a Nest sitting inside your sequence (A nest is a Sequence within a Sequence. You can double click to open up the Nest and make changes inside that other sequence):

PhillipJoseph_1-1601939706003.png

Right click on the Nest and choose Multi-Camera>Enable:

MulticamEnable.gif

And finally, you'll need to set your Program Monitor to Multicam View:

MulticamView.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0