Highlighted

Can I have more than one timeline in a single project?

Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a project in Davinci Resolve, I sometimes have 4 or 5 timelines in a single project. Can I do the same in Premiere? That is, have 4 or 5 timelines with different videos and sounds?
For example: in a timeline have an edited music video. In another timeline a video of a recording of a game, etc.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Richard M Knight | Adobe Community Professional

The sequences are listed in the project panel, double click to open.

Sequence project panel.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I have more than one timeline in a single project?

Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a project in Davinci Resolve, I sometimes have 4 or 5 timelines in a single project. Can I do the same in Premiere? That is, have 4 or 5 timelines with different videos and sounds?
For example: in a timeline have an edited music video. In another timeline a video of a recording of a game, etc.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Richard M Knight | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naturally. Most pro projects have several to quite a few sequences.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do I get to have several timelines at the same time? At Davinci it is very easy to find. Where is that option in premiere?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply create sequences as you choose. As noted, they are then (as with any other asset of the project) shown in the project panel, where you organize things into bins according to your wishes.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and when I start work each day (if I've had enough coffee and am not too hung over - just kidding) I duplicate my sequence so I can easily refer to the previous days work if I screw something up in the latest sequence (it happens, even to me).  I sometimes have 30 or 40 copies by the time I'm done...  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 1