• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Interpret Footage AFTER Cutting Together the Scene?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've cut together a long scene of footage shot at 119.88.

I was hoping to interpret it at 29.97, but when I do, it changes the in and out points of all of the clips that I cut.

Is there any way of interpreting it at the slower frame-rate without losing the scene that I cut together?  I realize it would be 4 times as long, but that's fine.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it will work, but you can nest it and the try to interpret the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Bob.

I tried, but it looks like Nests can't be re-interpreted.  I tried going to the file project file in my project window and modify > interpret footage, but it's greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to Modify before you use the clips in a sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming back to this in 2020 and there's still no fix for this issue- you HAVE to start over again- all the I/O Points are messed up after interpreting to different frame rates.

SIMPLE FIX: ADOBE PLEASE- allow in and out points to be frame stuck rather than stuck to the "time" in sequence. FRAMES DON'T CHANGE, but the time will through interpretation. This is a super simple concept and it needs addressing ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is such a struggle.
Ideally, the I/O points would be defined by frame rather than time, yes it needs addressing ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines