• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make a choreography reel with this program?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make a short reel of my choreography. If I buy this program, does this let me burn the DVD to the PC, and make a video, or do I need to buy a separate program to burn the DVD to the computer?

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Premiere does not include any disc authoring options, either DVD or BluRay. You can edit and export the pair of files (video & audio) that are used in authoring apps so the material doesn't need to be re-encoded. But you would need the other app to do that burning work.

Adobe does not make any authoring/burning app anymore.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not include any disc authoring options, either DVD or BluRay. You can edit and export the pair of files (video & audio) that are used in authoring apps so the material doesn't need to be re-encoded. But you would need the other app to do that burning work.

Adobe does not make any authoring/burning app anymore.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You so much for this information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but I think the Windows version of Premiere Elements will author/burn a DVD or BluRay

http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You; I will look into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Bluray option any more just DVD and only windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyberlink Power2Go 13 has a free trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVD and Blu-ray authoring gets discussed all the time in these forums. Adobe should have a DVD/Blu-ray autohring program that supoorts 4K Blu-ray and integrates with Premiere Pro. I hope to see it's debut at NAB 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep on dreaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From back-aisle discussions at several NAB's over the years, my guess is that according to the metrics used by the upper managers (above the program teams) there isn't enough need for an in-house authoring app to justify the expense. May or may not necessarily be agreed to by the program people but hey, they only work there, right?

Ann's right ... keep on dreamin'. Ain't a-gonna happen. Sigh. Adobe's upper managers live by metrics.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum would indicate there is a stronge need for Blu-ray authoring. I doubt we ever go more than 10 days in these forums without someone needing a DVD or Blu-ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, personally. I wish we had one, as I wish we had a grading app like SpeedGrade again.

But the metrics as seen by the upper managers don't show profitability in either case. So ... ain't happening.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program do people use to make a video reel?
Thank You,
Shoshanna Corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make the reel itself, Premiere Pro. To burn a DVD/BlueRay, you need the 'authoring' software. There's been several mentioned here in numerous threads, you should be able to find by searching the forum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time ago, it seems to me that I managed to do this using an old version of Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder can't burn discs or make disc images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the fact is that dvd and blu-rays are fading away as a distribution medium.  Part of that process may be caused by adobe.  But while I used to burn dvd's constantly, I rarely have the need anymore.  Posting on vimeo or youtube is convenient and the clients generally seem happy with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had clients want 4K Blu-ray. You see Blu-ray mentioned in Avid forums, FCPX forums, Edius forums, Premiere Pro forums etc. Adobe should be able to give us something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need blu ray- I just need to be able to take sections out of some
dvd's of my choreography and make a short reel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, if you don't have any video editing experience, you might want to try the free trial before subscribing.  The program is no longer available for purchase but requires a monthly fee...  You might find the interface somewhat daunting.   there are simpler and less expensive alternatives out there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mgrenadier,

We CC users used to have access to Encore. Adobe changed the rules without wanring. They should announce a replacement for Encore at NAB 2021 if not sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

see John T Smith's post in this thread.  It wasn't Adobe that caused the issue, it was the company that had licesned the feature to adobe...    Fewer and fewer people need this feature.  We live in a capitalist society which has pluses and minuses.  The bottom line is what drives these kind of decisions.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CS6 (the final serial number version) came bundled with Encore

Encore USED TO BE available as an add-on to a Cloud subscription

Then, the company that owns the modules that adobe "rented" to create the Encore program cancelled the license... so no more Encore as a subscription add-on, and no independent version of Encore after CS6

Encore alternative http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines