Highlighted

Can I make a choreography reel with this program?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make a short reel of my choreography. If I buy this program, does this let me burn the DVD to the PC, and make a video, or do I need to buy a separate program to burn the DVD to the computer?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Premiere does not include any disc authoring options, either DVD or BluRay. You can edit and export the pair of files (video & audio) that are used in authoring apps so the material doesn't need to be re-encoded. But you would need the other app to do that burning work.

Adobe does not make any authoring/burning app anymore.

Neil

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I make a choreography reel with this program?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make a short reel of my choreography. If I buy this program, does this let me burn the DVD to the PC, and make a video, or do I need to buy a separate program to burn the DVD to the computer?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Premiere does not include any disc authoring options, either DVD or BluRay. You can edit and export the pair of files (video & audio) that are used in authoring apps so the material doesn't need to be re-encoded. But you would need the other app to do that burning work.

Neil

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You so much for this information!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but I think the Windows version of Premiere Elements will author/burn a DVD or BluRay

http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You; I will look into this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Bluray option any more just DVD and only windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyberlink Power2Go 13 has a free trial version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVD and Blu-ray authoring gets discussed all the time in these forums. Adobe should have a DVD/Blu-ray autohring program that supoorts 4K Blu-ray and integrates with Premiere Pro. I hope to see it's debut at NAB 2021

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep on dreaming.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From back-aisle discussions at several NAB's over the years, my guess is that according to the metrics used by the upper managers (above the program teams) there isn't enough need for an in-house authoring app to justify the expense. May or may not necessarily be agreed to by the program people but hey, they only work there, right?

Ann's right ... keep on dreamin'. Ain't a-gonna happen. Sigh. Adobe's upper managers live by metrics.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum would indicate there is a stronge need for Blu-ray authoring. I doubt we ever go more than 10 days in these forums without someone needing a DVD or Blu-ray.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, personally. I wish we had one, as I wish we had a grading app like SpeedGrade again.

But the metrics as seen by the upper managers don't show profitability in either case. So ... ain't happening.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program do people use to make a video reel?
Thank You,
Shoshanna Corner

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make the reel itself, Premiere Pro. To burn a DVD/BlueRay, you need the 'authoring' software. There's been several mentioned here in numerous threads, you should be able to find by searching the forum.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time ago, it seems to me that I managed to do this using an old version of Media Encoder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder can't burn discs or make disc images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0