• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make a template to be used for 25 videos with the same opening and closing credits?

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my goal, to make a complex video for my job, which I can then do Save As with to create 24 more projects that will have the same opening and closing credits and at times the same.

Is there a way to make a template with the opening and ending elements (the latter can be moved to account for the varying video lengths) so I do not have to recreate them 25 times?

I realize I could make short vidoes to insert at the start and end of each video, but I do not want to risk degeneration by rendering video rather than hi res images if I can help it.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May or may not work for you but what I have done (excepting closing credits) is to make a project that has all of my beginning elements in the project... I saved that as a project named Start

I open Start, do an immediate "save as" to a new project name, and continue in that new project... never changing Start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are making them in Premiere, just make projects specifically for that and then import the sequences to your new projects. They'll link too, so changes you may make in the future will reflect across all projects and you just have to re-render if need be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This shows promise.

BUT all 25 videos will need to be recreated with a seperate opening and closing that shows our logo and a primary vendor logo with it, for their clients.

So, how can I safely protect the original versions if things update across all projects?

Also, I do not know how to "import" sequences. There is not "Duplicate" menu option like in PhotoShop that allows you to easily transfer an element to another project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Productions workflow process handles this beautifully, and I'm a one-person shop. I am doing my entire year of Premiere work in one production folder ... with subfolders for each major aspect of my business ... and within those, subfolders for each major client or job.

Within a production process, you can drag/drop assets from any other project into another project with ease, without worrying about duplicating assets or messing up what is in what project, or creating Template projects that you open then immediately rename/save-as in the process mentioned above ... which is what I used to do.

Neil

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Looks like I will have to educate myself on how to do this. I will start on this today. 

Can you comment on what someone else suggested please? If I make my opening credits and closing credits as rendered video clips, and then bring them in as an element in further projects, will there be noticable deterioration in quality, as I have experienced in budget home movie programs?

If not, what is the recommended format for those rendered clips, to be inserted as credit sequences in future vidoes?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you create an opening and closing sequence that you place at the begining and the end of each project/movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My concern is losing video quality by rendering a video and then using it as a clip. In another project.

If this is not an issue the way it is on cheaper home moving software, then I may in fact do this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easily. You just make it in a project that's part of your Production.

Then anytime you need it, just open that project within the production, grab/drop. It's not like having multiple projects open in standard stand-alone projects in Premiere, with all the mess of duplicated assets and such. Clean, quick, no different than grabbing something from a bin.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to learn how to do this "Production" method. I saw it mentioned elsewhere. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you export the opening/ending in a full intraframe codec like ProRes422, Cineform, or DNxHD/R, reimport, then apply to a new sequence and export that ... you won't be able to see any difference. Those formats can stand several generations of re-exporting before visual degradation appears.

Remember, they're only getting re-exported once for each program you make.

That works, as does dragging/dropping from another sequence as I had noted above using Productions process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines