Exit

can I make modal dialog in plugin?

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All.

I have a question in Premiere Pro SDK.

I'd like to make a Premiere Pro plugin and create a dialog that contains some inputs and buttons.

I implemented the function by Script and AEGP_ExecuteScript on After Effects SDK.

But I know Premiere Pro does not provide Script.

Is there any way for that?

Regards,

Anthonie.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Just in case anyone else comes across this thread looking for a solution, I ended up using a library called TinyFileDialog and it's worked almost perfectly for my use case. It's very lightweight and provides a couple of options for calling native OS windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthonie,

Do you want to build a panel, or a certain type of plug-in?  Can you describe briefly what your extension should achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Zac.

I'd like to develop a certain type of plug-in.

So, when the plug-in is applied to layer, I'd like to display a modal dialog that includes some input fields and buttons.

And if I put some value to inputs and click button,  the modal returns the values to plug-in.

I implemented the function by Script in After Effects plug-in.

But I am not sure if it is possible in Premiere Pro SDK.

Regards,

Anthonie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro supports scripting.  Have you look at the resources here?:

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/PProPanel

For UI, you could provide input fields and buttons in an HTML5 panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replay.

I have one more question.

How can I call the panel in plug-in code?

And when the panel modal is closed, how will main plugin get needed fields from panel modal?

Regards,

Anthonie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey smarts, did you find a way to do this? I'm also trying to find a way to prompt the user with a text input box and a few buttons in premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what sort of plug-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an effect plugin using the after effects SDK to iterate over pixels, and I'm looking for a way to prompt the user with an input box and a few buttons so that they can enter a license key and remove a watermark from their image.

In After Effects I used AEGP_ExecuteScript to show a dialog that way. Obviously, that won't work for Premiere, so I'm trying to figure out if there's anything built into the SDK that I could use instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the About box could be used to get that info, and put it somewhere your plug-in can see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I managed to do in After Effects, And I was planning on using the "setup" button in premiere to prompt the dialog box. But, since I can't use AEGP_ExecuteScript() I'm struggling to find a way to actually create the form for the user to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anyone else comes across this thread looking for a solution, I ended up using a library called TinyFileDialog and it's worked almost perfectly for my use case. It's very lightweight and provides a couple of options for calling native OS windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all: I came across this thread and would also like to have a plugin developed. But, I don't want to do it. Simply dont have the time to learn C++. Does anyone know of a please to look for a developer to make a plugin? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 12 Point,

Specifically, what would your plug-in do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines