Highlighted

Can I Move Premiere Pro 2018 to my other Mac?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main machine is my older Mac Mini which has all my hard drives hooked to it. Sadly it suffered an OS failure earlier this year and I had to reformat it. The ony Premire Pro I was able to download was 2020. Which doesn't work with all my old DV tapes captured to AVI. 
My Macbook Pro does have Premiere Pro 2018 on it still and that will open those AVI files. 
Is there a way I can move that copy of Premiere Pro 2018 to my Mac Mini?

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I Move Premiere Pro 2018 to my other Mac?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main machine is my older Mac Mini which has all my hard drives hooked to it. Sadly it suffered an OS failure earlier this year and I had to reformat it. The ony Premire Pro I was able to download was 2020. Which doesn't work with all my old DV tapes captured to AVI. 
My Macbook Pro does have Premiere Pro 2018 on it still and that will open those AVI files. 
Is there a way I can move that copy of Premiere Pro 2018 to my Mac Mini?

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... you must do a new install, and that version is no longer available

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which begs the question. Why do I keep paying for this software every month? The very least they could do is allow me to download the old copies of the software to work on this project.
I noticed that Resolve 16 does work with those AVIs. I think it might be time to switch. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a time machine backup of your startup drive?  or a bootable clone?  either of these would allow you to restore your system.    You could try cloning your startup drive from your macbook pro to your mac mini...  You'd need to use something like carbon copy cloner.  It's not an expensive program and worth every penny and I think there's a free trial.  but if this is too much trouble, move to resolve...  which is an amazing color correction program, not such a great editing program (inmynotsohumbleopinion).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0