Can I open an older Premiere file in the latest Premiere Pro version 14.7

Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm thinsking about updating to the latest version os Premiere, but don't kow if I can open older files. Is there a way of saving the files so that it will open on a upgraded version?

I'm  currently working on a Mac using Premiere Pro CC Version 12.0.0 and thinking updating to Pro version 14.7

Thanks,

Marta

When opening older version files, it is wise to first create a new project file in the new version.

Then from the Media Browser panel in Premiere, navigate to the older project file, and select it. Right-click, import the assets of that project into the new one. It seems to do a better job of keeping all metadata structured correctly.

Neil

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I open an older Premiere file in the latest Premiere Pro version 14.7

Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm thinsking about updating to the latest version os Premiere, but don't kow if I can open older files. Is there a way of saving the files so that it will open on a upgraded version?

I'm  currently working on a Mac using Premiere Pro CC Version 12.0.0 and thinking updating to Pro version 14.7

Thanks,

Marta

When opening older version files, it is wise to first create a new project file in the new version.

Then from the Media Browser panel in Premiere, navigate to the older project file, and select it. Right-click, import the assets of that project into the new one. It seems to do a better job of keeping all metadata structured correctly.

Neil

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 20, 2020 0
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always open old projects using newer Premiere Pro versions but not vice versa

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 1
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ali.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 1
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0