• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I remove a red blush from lighting without effecting natural colouring?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I remove a red blush from lighting without effecting natural colouring?

Red Blush.png

A slight red blush has been amplified to bright red, in a few areas for about 6-8 frames.

Looks like a lighting issue, specific to a certain reflective angle between lights and camera.

What could I try to remove or reduce the problem?

Great full for your help.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

This kind of adjustment is often a balancing act, bringing down the high-sat red while bumping up low-sat or using the Vibrance controls. If it's only a few areas, then sometimes you can just hit those areas. If it's on/off throughout, then work the whole clip of course.

The HSL Curves section, I typically use the Sat/Sat curve to pull down the intense saturation areas while upping the middle-low saturation some. I'd probably use that here. Along with sampling the particular color in the HSL H

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Lumitry Curves section I would try the Hue vs Saturation curve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the suggestion.

The problem is the issue only appears for brief periods, when the Lighting and Camera are at a certain angle. There is even an Island of barely effected area near the bottom of image, showing just how angle specific the issue is. A few too many frames for isolated edits, and the rest of video has quite good colour grade.

If you click image and zoom browser to 300%, the right side in eye socket is very close to skin tone throughout 99.99% of video.

Reducing Red through Hue vs Saturation curve can turn the skin anaemic white without fully correcting the issue.

I was hoping someone may have struck this problem, and found a way to filter the source.

I am out of ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go for HSL secondary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of adjustment is often a balancing act, bringing down the high-sat red while bumping up low-sat or using the Vibrance controls. If it's only a few areas, then sometimes you can just hit those areas. If it's on/off throughout, then work the whole clip of course.

The HSL Curves section, I typically use the Sat/Sat curve to pull down the intense saturation areas while upping the middle-low saturation some. I'd probably use that here. Along with sampling the particular color in the HSL Hue/Sat curve and taking that down just a wee bit, it should be next to the 'normal' skin area. Perhaps using HueVHue to move that just a bit to 'normal' skin tone might work also.

It's probably two-three things like this. Ann's suggestion of HSL Secondary key could also work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't tell what's up via your image sample. Can you supply a really short ( 2 seconds ? ) sample of the problem ( nice part with bad part and then nice part again ) via drop box or something? Could be mp4 h264 very small byte size file...nobody wants to download giant files just to see what's up. Maybe export as 720p mp4 h264... would be close enough for down and dirty quick look and possible solutions.

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines