• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I resume a Collect on Premiere Pro?? S.O.S.

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

So I'm having a great issue-
I am trying to do the collect in Project Manager of my feature film and since its SO heavy (1,7 TB) my computer collapses over and over again mid-process.
I was able to do an almost complete Collect with a borrowed computer (has everything but 3 files and the .xml). 
I was told that if you complete it manually (like copy paste the .xml) it's not the same. Is that true?
And, MOST important: IS IT POSSIBLE to RESUME A PREVIOUSLY STARTED COLLECT so that the few files that were needed are copied on the folder?? 

I found nothing of this sort on the internet and everytime I try a new collect, it starts all over again.
Oh... help!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The Project Manager has some problems on some projects. The main things to test to make it work is to uncheck the following options : 
- "Include Audio Conform Files"
- "Include preview files"
So try to uncheck them and relaunch "Collect and Copy".
You can also check on your computer if your filepaths have no special character in it: for instance chinese and japanese characters, accent, "-/|*#", etc.

If you are looking to an alternative to the "Project Manager", you could give a try to the plugin PlumePack : https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack/.

It's a Premiere Pro plugin and it's similar to the Project Manager with less bugs and there is also a Trimming feature with handles. This feature will remove the unused data of your media without re-encoding the file compared to Project Manager: your files keep their codec and exact quality. It's like copying a part of your files !

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines