• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I somehow use creation date info on timeline?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I need to see clip creation date info on timeline while editing, is this somehow possible? Ideally I would like it to replace clip's source time, but I think this is impossible in premiere. Or maybe there is a way to add creation date info in the clip's name?

I need it to organize the material. Any ideas are welcome how to utilize the creation date metadata. 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Well.....

You can show the creation date in your project panel next to your clips by using metadata display. And then when you come across a clip in your timeline you want to know what the creation date was you could right-click and select "reveal in project" ... or even easier add a keyboard shortcut for "reveal in project".

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 12.23.57 PM.png

Or, you could add the creation date info to your clip names. And then use overlays (found by clicking the small wrench in your program panel).

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 12.36.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.....

You can show the creation date in your project panel next to your clips by using metadata display. And then when you come across a clip in your timeline you want to know what the creation date was you could right-click and select "reveal in project" ... or even easier add a keyboard shortcut for "reveal in project".

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 12.23.57 PM.png

Or, you could add the creation date info to your clip names. And then use overlays (found by clicking the small wrench in your program panel).

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 12.36.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply! Kinda knew already that there wouldn't be any easy route. Just wanted to make sure I am not forgetting something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. And yes, sometimes you have to come to terms with the fact that there might not be any easy ways to do something. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines