• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I split clips into several equal parts?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I want to split my slips in a film I'm making into equal parts. I want each one to be split every second, so that, for example, a 5-second clip becomes 5 1-second clips. Can I do this or do I have to manually split them using the scrubber?

I have Premiere Pro CC 2019 and I use it on a MacBook pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't there is a automatic function yet to do that. The time in timeline gives info on min, seconds, frames, and it shouldn't be too hard to just cut every SECOND or whatever. I guess you could put in a feature request for that ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the main reason for doing that ? as Rodney said this feature is not here yet, but maybe we can help

with other ideas if we get what exactly you are trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. In my case I have to split the clip in 2:20 min each, that is the maximum por twitter video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am searching for a method to do the same thing. Cut a video into equal parts based on time. Why do I need to do this? File size. I have recorded hundreds of guitar takes, covers, long Allman Brothers jams, songs that roll on for 12 minutes. I specifically am searching for an easier way to either.

1. Move the playhead forward by 60 seconds and I can cut it with a shortcut.

2. Set a 60 second duration and let the software create subclips.

To sit and type in the time, cut the clip, scrub forward and repeat seems such a repetetive task. I apologize if this is a feature I am unaware of. Searching for the answer is becoming very frustrating. 

If I export full length videos the only other option is to destroy the quality and no one wants to watch garbage. 

Horrible blotchy looking guitar playing renders my efforts useless. 

Like someone else mentioned they are trying to split into 2:20 each. The duration isn't the issue. 

Just want to know if there is somewhere to enter say 43s and have the software break 13:24 into 43s each leaving the remainder for me to sort.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animated Loops with an automated change all made within AE? perhaps some kind of ticker countdown of "top 20 on tiktok this week"? each entry being it's own 10 second video? It might seem strange but given the nature of social video content this is increasingly a thing that I'm increasingly surprised Adobe doesn't support. I'm sure it's simple in terms of programming as various other video converters can do this.

Input = single video of however long, within that video is a repeat format (with different content each time) that recurs every 5 or 10 seconds
Output = multiple videos of 5 or 10 seconds long, each being cut on the exact frame that the format repeats.

Of course if you're only doing two or three of these "repeats" then it's no major hassle to just export three times.

But I currently have a job that wants A LOT more than that, and I'm not spending days manually selecting a different 5 seconds piece over and over and over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here at this four year old thread, with same requirement . Cutting a video into equal parts. How to do it in Premiere Pro 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to be done manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That's what I've been doing. Moving the slider at regular intervals and cutting the video at those locations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the meanwhile, here is my workaround:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGc2dDQEN0

The video is in realtime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines