Highlighted

Can mask tracking path be applied to images?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to apply a mask tracking path to an image? For example, if I use the blur effect and mask path function to automatically follow a subject's face from frame to frame, is it possible to copy/paste the mask path and apply it to an image (such as an emoji face) so that the image follows the same mask path? I'm essentailly just looking for a short cut to put an emoji on top of a moving subject's face instead of having to manually track the scene frame by frame. An answer to the above question and any other recommendations, suggestions (including any suggested plug-ins) would be much appreciated. This Adobe support page is helpful but doesn't answer my question. I don't have/haven't yet learned how to use After Effects and am trying to keep this exercise within Premiere Pro. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can mask tracking path be applied to images?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to apply a mask tracking path to an image? For example, if I use the blur effect and mask path function to automatically follow a subject's face from frame to frame, is it possible to copy/paste the mask path and apply it to an image (such as an emoji face) so that the image follows the same mask path? I'm essentailly just looking for a short cut to put an emoji on top of a moving subject's face instead of having to manually track the scene frame by frame. An answer to the above question and any other recommendations, suggestions (including any suggested plug-ins) would be much appreciated. This Adobe support page is helpful but doesn't answer my question. I don't have/haven't yet learned how to use After Effects and am trying to keep this exercise within Premiere Pro. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer no: you need Ae for that.

In Premiere you need to keyframe manually.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the prompt answer Ann! Are you aware of any Premiere plug-ins that might do the trick? And is there a way to make suggestions/provide feedback to Adobe re Prem Pro? The face mask tracking path technology is already there within Premiere - it would be great to see this function expanded. Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0