Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not drag footage to/from bins and other issues

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just updated to the newest version(14.5 Build 51), and start experiencing those issues:

1. can not drag any footages like pics\videos from folders to bins directly, I have to right click-import to import files to the bin. but I can still drag files to the timeline directly. 

2. can not use copy/paste shortcuts(ctrl+c/v) in bins, can not drag files nether, if I want to move a file to different bins, only I can do is right-click and copy/paste. And I can't even select a file and press delete on the keyboard to delete it. I have reset the keyboard to default.

3.I have installed encoder but when I use Pr to export and click Queue, it's only saying I didn't install encoder and won't launch it.

I'm using a desktop with windows 10, GF1080, I7 6700K, 32G RAM, dual monitor, adobe softwares installed on an SSD.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Noted issue, and they're working on the fix. In the meantime, you can go to list view in the Project panel, and move things around and open bins from there. Once you have a bin opened, you can go into thumbs view in that bin and work normally.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted issue, and they're working on the fix. In the meantime, you can go to list view in the Project panel, and move things around and open bins from there. Once you have a bin opened, you can go into thumbs view in that bin and work normally.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, hopeful they can solve this soon.

Another question, is their any kind of setting let me update to a not so new version when I want to update to have new features? Like a proofed stable version of some sort?  It bothers me a lot when I update from a rather old version to a new version only to get issues.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just choose when you upgrade. Watch the forums here. I expect at the rate they're putting out new patches we'll get this pretty soon ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this really a known issue? It's been 3 weeks and it seems like a pretty high priority thing to patch. I would think they would have fixed something like this within a week. I'm also having problems dragging between bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey try installing the new version that came out today. 14.6 fixed the issue for me earlier today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues plus some more. In Icon view I can't rearrange them as I see fit (user order), plus it's impossible to set poster frame via keyboard shortcuts. Only Right click>SET POSTERFRAME works! Temporary fix downgraded back to 14.4!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue now 3 years later, i reverted to most previous version because the new update has actually caused even more hiccups and set backs in my normal editing work flows, I have had to retrain my brain for the quirks and new ways to get around them. I'm a heavy hot key and drag and drop user, this issue of drag and drop into/from bins and hot keys to copy and paste not working all the time are major set back ontop of the usual issues we all are prepared to juggle with editing and glitches/hiccups. Please please fix this and do not release new update/features until these last two updates issues are resolved. I'm shocked more people are not compling about this online but verbally all of my editing colleagues agree. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amen! I just upgraded days ago only to discover I can't drag things between bins. How. On. Earth. Does. A. Version. With. This. Problem. Get. Released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines