Can not move videos from project to timeline

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to drag and drop I get the closed hand with the :prohibited: (no symbol of a circle and line) that prevents me from dropping to timeline. 

Version 14.7, and for some reason, it seems that it only applies to video clips, I upgrade to 14.7 because this happened in 14.5 this morning, and I thought updating would fix it, so I went 14.7, it worked fine, but after the first shut down it no longer works. 

I can drop just the audio from a video clip in but not the video, unless I find a workaround I am now dead in the water, 

SOS

Help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Most common user error is not source patching the track.

source patching.png

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can not move videos from project to timeline

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to drag and drop I get the closed hand with the :prohibited: (no symbol of a circle and line) that prevents me from dropping to timeline. 

Version 14.7, and for some reason, it seems that it only applies to video clips, I upgrade to 14.7 because this happened in 14.5 this morning, and I thought updating would fix it, so I went 14.7, it worked fine, but after the first shut down it no longer works. 

I can drop just the audio from a video clip in but not the video, unless I find a workaround I am now dead in the water, 

SOS

Help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

source patching.png

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update this is now affecting all new projects, I am dead in the water.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

source patching.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 1
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Yes Yes! What is this *cough* miserable *cough* little button? I am aware of what the A and V 1,2,3... on the right of the locks do what are the ones on the left? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They need to be blue if you want to insert clips into the timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0