Highlighted

Can only import audio.... sometimes

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro V 14.3.0 

MacOS 10.15.5

Having this issue importing video, both .MOVs from my iphone and .mp4s from a Sony 4k Camcorder.

The first file imports fine. Drag and drop with no issues. All videos after that it seems to think they're audio only. I can fix the problem by clearing that file from the media list and restarting Premiere Pro. Then it allows me to import one more clip and the problem starts again. So to assemble six clips in one timeline, I had to open and close the program six times.

Read similar posts about importing audio only. They suggest clearing the media cache and restarting the machine. That hasn't seemed to do anything. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can only import audio.... sometimes

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro V 14.3.0 

MacOS 10.15.5

Having this issue importing video, both .MOVs from my iphone and .mp4s from a Sony 4k Camcorder.

The first file imports fine. Drag and drop with no issues. All videos after that it seems to think they're audio only. I can fix the problem by clearing that file from the media list and restarting Premiere Pro. Then it allows me to import one more clip and the problem starts again. So to assemble six clips in one timeline, I had to open and close the program six times.

Read similar posts about importing audio only. They suggest clearing the media cache and restarting the machine. That hasn't seemed to do anything. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried using the media browser, or the import dialog to bring the files in?  Gotta say I generally just use the drag and drop but worthwhile give these a shot...  Also, what happens if you unlink and relink the media...  and if you select a clip that doesn't have video in the bin and get properties, does premiere report video with the file...?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that worked for me, and it's really stupid that Adobe STILL hasn't fixed this problem, is to control-click from the Bin on the file you want to import, then select "New Sequence from Clip" and you'll see a new sequence/timeline. Just copy that, and paste into your original timeline where you want it. Then delete the sequence. Again, stupid that you have to do all this, but maybe there's some genius reason I'm not smart enough to understand and just want things to work easy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0