• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can only use premiere pro in HDR

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as it sounds, I have an HDMI monitor hooked up to my RTX 3080 when I open Premire, (and after effects for that matter) my entire screen goes black adn restarts, NOT the pc just the monitor and only the HDR monitor not my secondary one. It will also go black if I try to touch any of the UI. This all stops if I turn on HDR in windows 10. My issue is I am not ALWAYS working in an HDR project so it makes color correction impossible as well as the fact that HDR sucks in windows as well as in Adobe, everything is simply washed out in windows and the Adobe workflow is faaaar from ideal. 
I kept hoping it would be a driver or update fix but it's been a month now with no luck. 
(I've tried turning off/on both Display Color Management, as well as Extended dynamic range to no effect.)
Has anyone else ran into this issue and do you know of a fix?

Some specs: 
GPU RTX3080
CPU i7-9700k 
64GB Ram
Windows 10 
Adobe Premeire Pro V14.8

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction, Displayport, not HDMI either way that is not the cause of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, which GPU driver are you using? The game-ready drivers from Nvidia have been causing all sorts of odd issues in Premiere recently. The Studio drivers are behaving better, though some do need to drop back a version of the Studio driver also.

Other than that, this is truely bizarre behavior.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both the game and studio drivers, currently running V 461.40 from Nvidia. 
The issue is the same with either, although strangely enough on the newest versions of each driver it seems to only happen when scrubbing vs having the timeline active at all and when starting up. 
Feel like it has to do with the cache or something, I am using the defult Iframe only mpeg though which hasn't given me issues in the past and does not support HDR... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For an HDR workflow, I think you should have previews in ProRes, as that's one of the two codecs that Premiere gives the user the options for HDR controls for.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines