Highlighted

Can .png replace .tga?

Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Pro CS6. My  computer was stolen so I'm trying to reconstruct all my programs in a new computer. All my Premiere Pro templates that I created call for a file named "Brushed Metal.tga". All I can find is "Brushed Metal.png". Can I replace the .tga file with the png file?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Mike Dziennik | Adobe Community Professional

Yes, firstly you could just use photoshop to save your png as a tga.

Alternatively, in the link media dialogue, click Locate and then uncheck 'Display Only Exact Name Matches". Choose your alternate file.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can .png replace .tga?

Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Pro CS6. My  computer was stolen so I'm trying to reconstruct all my programs in a new computer. All my Premiere Pro templates that I created call for a file named "Brushed Metal.tga". All I can find is "Brushed Metal.png". Can I replace the .tga file with the png file?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Mike Dziennik | Adobe Community Professional

Alternatively, in the link media dialogue, click Locate and then uncheck 'Display Only Exact Name Matches". Choose your alternate file.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0