Highlighted

Can Premiere Automatically Cut a Clip based on Audio Being Absent?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out recently that Premiere has the tool that can auto-track an object on screen. This obviously makes my life a lot easier for covering a talent's pimple and not having to spend an hour moving the cover-up dot every other frame to follow as the talent moves. 

Knowing that, I'm wondering if there is a tool or ability for Premiere to auto-edit a clip based on certain perameters (specifically whether audio is present or not; or if audio is below blank level)? I film a lot of clips that are long takes where the camera is stationary and I'm moving in between the left, right, and center of the shot. Later while editing, I cut out the spaces in between me talking for jump cuts. This is INCREDIBLY time consuming for a clip that can be 20+ minutes long pre-edits. Is there a tool, function, or ability for Premiere to apply cuts after one audio spot to the next, and then delete those spots of "no audio?"

Apologies if it this a stupid question, so please bear with me.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can Premiere Automatically Cut a Clip based on Audio Being Absent?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out recently that Premiere has the tool that can auto-track an object on screen. This obviously makes my life a lot easier for covering a talent's pimple and not having to spend an hour moving the cover-up dot every other frame to follow as the talent moves. 

Knowing that, I'm wondering if there is a tool or ability for Premiere to auto-edit a clip based on certain perameters (specifically whether audio is present or not; or if audio is below blank level)? I film a lot of clips that are long takes where the camera is stationary and I'm moving in between the left, right, and center of the shot. Later while editing, I cut out the spaces in between me talking for jump cuts. This is INCREDIBLY time consuming for a clip that can be 20+ minutes long pre-edits. Is there a tool, function, or ability for Premiere to apply cuts after one audio spot to the next, and then delete those spots of "no audio?"

Apologies if it this a stupid question, so please bear with me.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a stupid question. Sorry, but I don't think such a tool exists. What I would do would put your clips in your timeline and make the track height for audio larger so you can see the waveform. Then I would place the Current Time Indicator (the blue line) Where the audio stops and hit Command+K to add an edit point then scrub to where your audio starts back up and use the Ripple Trim shortcut (search it up) Q or W keys depending on which direction you want to trim. Maybe this will speed things up for you hopefully.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0