• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Premiere store project panel video clip thumbnails?

Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Pro for years and one thing that's always bugged me is that every time you open a project it would seem that Premiere has to rebuild the thumbnails for video clips in the project panel. Unless I'm unaware of some setting in the preferences or something I've been missing all these years, it would seem that if you use the thumbnail view for your video clips in the project panel, you have to scroll down to reveal them all in order for Premiere to rebuild their thumbnails each time you've closed and then opened a project.

It does this pretty quickly, but if you have hundreds or thousands of separate clips, it can take a while. Is there an option to have Premiere store the thumbnails in the same way it does PEK files for audio? Does this need to be submitted as a feature request?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such user control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is such a bugger...

I have been wondering the same for a long time now. And it's getting worse with heavier footage.

(I have just upgraded from A7sii to A7Siii, so storing clips in 4K 4.2.2 make this "thumbnails refreshing time" very annoying, even though I pumped up my PC with 32 GB of RAM)

Please ADOBE do something about it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines