• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can someone suggest the best technique to blur a face with "a lot of face movements"

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am brand new to Premiere Pro...watched many vids and tutorials on "face bluring" which I think have a decent grasp of. It is very easy using automatic tracking settings when someone is not really moving around...however (in my experience) a complete disaster when there is a lot of face movements (side to side, up, down, look up, look down etc...) 

...any tips/techniques to try? or am i really just going to have to adjust 639 frames haha.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say you are probably going to need to do it manually. 

But doing it every frame is unnecessary 99% of the time.

Id say start by creating the mask on frame one, activating the stop watch to create the key frame. Then move 1 second forward. Adjust the mask. And then continue on for the 22 seconds(?) that the clip goes for. 

Once done, if that isnt good enough for what you want, go back and adjust every half second. You might find that you only need to do it every now and again. 

Also remember that most of the time close enough is good enough. You can really bog yourself down with getting every pixel right, when something much rougher will give the same result to the viewer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I believe After Effects is a better option for all the motion tracking. I'm
not very savvy in After Effects however there is a 3d camera tracking that
allows you to track the image rather than going frame by frame in premiere
pro..

*John P. van Bronckhorst*
*Photographer/Videographer*
*(623) 512-0701*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines