Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add automatic subtitles to video

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to follow this tutorial on YouTube to add automatic subtitles to a video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOM2_Sifl7s 

But when I go to File>New, Captions isn't an option like in the attached image.  I've tried updating Premire Pro and had no luck.  I'm also aware of some websites that will add automatic captions, but I don't want to take any chances with any sites that cost money, require you to create an account, or something that can't handle large video sizes.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your problem is that YouTube vid is now out of date. With the 15.x builds of 2021 PrPro they changed ... there's a Captions workspace, which is where you now do the captions/subtitle work.

Here's  link to the New Captions Workflow in their help system. This should at least get you started.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines