Highlighted

Can't add keyframe at end of clip without it jumping to the next frame

Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this was a feature that was added a couple of years ago and it drives me crazy. When I am in my effect controls window and try and add a keyframe at the end of the clip, it jumps to the next clip. This happens most frequently when I'm adding keyframes to the end of the audio track that might be longer than the video track. It's like it's prioritising the video track. The only work-around is to unlink the audio and video, which I don't want to do (I could then relink but this is not efficient). How do I stop this from jumping to the next clip whilst in Effect Controls window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't add keyframe at end of clip without it jumping to the next frame

Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this was a feature that was added a couple of years ago and it drives me crazy. When I am in my effect controls window and try and add a keyframe at the end of the clip, it jumps to the next clip. This happens most frequently when I'm adding keyframes to the end of the audio track that might be longer than the video track. It's like it's prioritising the video track. The only work-around is to unlink the audio and video, which I don't want to do (I could then relink but this is not efficient). How do I stop this from jumping to the next clip whilst in Effect Controls window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe video & audio apps

request to add this feature for effect controls panel only and we will vote

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 0
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems someone has already added this. I've voted for it, see here:

Don't jump to next clip – Adobe video & audio apps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 0
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks ! Voted and we need a lot more votes to be taken into consideration...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think editors doing editing only are okay with it, but when keyframing in the

effect controls panel, there is no need to jump to the next clip when the

playhead is at the last keyframe of the keyframed clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me mad for a while too - for a while I just assumed I was doing it wrong.

What I have started to do recently is add the keyframe a few frames before the end of the clip, do what I need to do with it, then drag it into place (i.e. the end of the clip) once I have finished with it. If it gets fixed it will be hard for me to stop doing it this way now as I have got so used to it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 1
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unpin to clip is most of the time the solution.

If you are not carefull End of the clip is most of the time first frame of the next clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unpinning to clip does not work, Ann. In fact it makes it worse. Try it. If you have it 'pinned to clip' and try scrubbing through a clip in the Effects Control window and take the cursor to the end of the clip, it jumps to the next clip. Premiere never used to do this until a couple of years ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I do but it's time consuming.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an easy workaround that doesn't involve turning off Selection Follows Playhead or turning on Pin to Clip: https://bit.ly/ECPEndFrame

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0