Highlighted

can't adjust aspect ratio for sequence even if I create a new sequence

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I go to sequence settings my video frame sizes are locked out so I can't adjust them. Even when I create a new sequence  it won't let me change it from 4:3.  Am I doing somthing wrong? I've changed it on a previous sequence before like this so i'm kind of frustrated.

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Meg_The_Dog | Adobe Community Professional

In the Sequence Settings Pane, click down on the Editing Mode drop down menu then scroll the list UP to find Custom at the top of the list. Select Custom for the Editing Mode:

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 5.48.46 PM.png

MtD

Topics

Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can't adjust aspect ratio for sequence even if I create a new sequence

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I go to sequence settings my video frame sizes are locked out so I can't adjust them. Even when I create a new sequence  it won't let me change it from 4:3.  Am I doing somthing wrong? I've changed it on a previous sequence before like this so i'm kind of frustrated.

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Meg_The_Dog | Adobe Community Professional

In the Sequence Settings Pane, click down on the Editing Mode drop down menu then scroll the list UP to find Custom at the top of the list. Select Custom for the Editing Mode:

MtD

Topics

Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect! thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg.

So It works but it says teh aspect ratio is 10:11 instead of 1:1 even though the framesize is 1080x1080.  I can't get it to change. Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the Pixel Aspect Ratio is set to 1.0:

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 8.11.14 PM.png

UHD, HD and web all use Square Pixels.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Meg!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines