Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Adjust Speed in Effects Controls

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 9.18.18 PM.png

I'm trying to do a "speed ramp" effect. I've setup key frames in effects controls and tried to do it on the clip in the sequence and for some reason, it won't let me adjust the speed. When I go to move the bar on the clip in the sequence the little blue bar thing appears when I hover over the center but it wont let me move it. I also can't change the 100% level in the effects controls.

Any ideas why this might be happening are appreciated. Could it be I'm using an old macbook pro that's too slow?

Screen shot here:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Speed ramping requires a specific workflow, here is a tutorial (lots of tutorials if you Google):

Adobe Premiere Pro CC Tutorial: Easy Speed Ramping Effect (Time Remapping How to) - YouTube

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed ramping requires a specific workflow, here is a tutorial (lots of tutorials if you Google):

Adobe Premiere Pro CC Tutorial: Easy Speed Ramping Effect (Time Remapping How to) - YouTube

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a chance to solve this issue? I am having the same problem, and I canñt find the way to fix it. Is it because my clip is 30fps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too...now. I think it may have something to do with the recent update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 

I've recently started having this issue. I can set a point with the pen tool but it wont let me drag and change speed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ended up going to Creative Cloud and installing an older version of Premiere. Works fine so there is either a glitch in the new update or they have changed the way that this gets done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines