• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Airdrop premiere Project exported as mp4: "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive Instead?"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exported a video from Premier Pro 19 as an mp4 file. When I try to Air Drop the mp4 to my iPhone, I get this message on my phone: "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive Instead?" Why wouldn't I be able to AirDrop this to my photos in a normal manner? Is anyone able to airdrop their Premier Pro exported projects to their iOS device?

IMG_5349 2.PNG

People have posted this question, but I found no clear answer:

Can't airdrop premeire pro 18 projects to iphone help

Premier Pro Video Failing airdrop

UPDATE:

I was able to airdrop it when I followed these sequence settings and export settings.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

I think I found it! — I was having the SAME problem. I switched this ONE thing and suddenly it worked! 

Change your field order to Progressive

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 4.01.55 PM.png

Hope this Helps!  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well and it's very frustrating. If I take the MP4 file created in Premier Pro run it through an online MP4 file converter without changing any settings from the original, it will AirDrop.  This is a pain and we really need a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add that I am creating video for Insta Stories 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! 

Can you please tell me which Mp4 converter did you use? Please share the link. I am also facing the same issue with Airdrop.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works, sorry for the year's late response

https://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try

file - export - media 

adjust the settings how you want 

and then press queque instead of export. 

media encoder will open. select (click once) your video and then press the green play arrow in the top right. 

once its done it will say done and you can click output file name in blue to open your video

and from there you should be able to air drop it. 

lmk if it works for you like it has for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that doesnt work. Thx for posting this anyway. However, this is such an annoying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to comment and say that this is still an issue in September 2020. What's going on, Adobe?

I run into this issue seemingly at random. It does not matter whether it's a project created in Premiere, After Effects, both, or whether I export the mp4 through Premiere or Adobe Media Encoder. Sometimes it can Airdrop to my phone, and sometimes I get the same error mentioned above. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree completely! This has been happening with my imac pro and iphone 11 randomly it is BEYOND FRUSTRATING!!! This never used to happen adobe its honestly making me consider using premeire 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact setup. imac pro to either of my iphones. ANY file from premeire and its COMOLETELY RANDOM. i have to wait days to post things sometimes because i literally cant get the file to my phone. not via dropbox or email either. it makes me want to break this computer LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absurd. Having to take an MP4 file and re-render it as an MP4 file with a third party converter in order to use AirDrop is ridiculous. Premiere Pro isn't a free program. For it to be incapable of this basic function is nonsense. Free third party apps can accomplish this.  It needs to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like this could also be caused by apple...  a company that is not known for playing nice with other companies.  They make sure everything works nice when you stay in the apple ecosphere.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand how it could potentially be something on Apple's end, but I would really appreciate Adobe doing a thorough investigation to confirm it's nothing on their end. A lot of Adobe users are on Apple computers. Airdrop is a great help to workflow, and this used to work perfectly, 100% of the time. There's also the fact that if I take a file exported by an Adobe program with this issue, and then I re-export as an MP4 using a different program like Quicktime, it can then be airdropped. (But then at that point we're facing unncessary file degradation and time wasted exporting twice). That's why I suspect that something Adobe added to updates in the last year is clashing with Apple. I hope it can be made to work again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i export videos through logic pro x (bought in the apple store) and get the same issue in all the export format settings. There have been inconistancies in how Logic has interactic with my phone to make a long story short. I meet specs to deliver for social ads but there continues to be issues and i cannot not stand loosing quality anylonger with compression

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you doing with this problem, Adobe? This is not a free program and needs to be fixed. Spending hours trying to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you have to do is lower your file size, anything over 20mb usually has problems AirDropping. Could also be that your phone doesn't have a lot of storage. Reason it works after using a third party converter is because those converters compress the video size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't think any of those things are the issue, either. I airdrop large videos frequently, sometimes over 1 GB. That works fine. My phone's storage is also wide open. And to address your last point, when an export from AME fails to Airdrop, and I use another app to re-export it — I'm not making the file size smaller. I'm just re-exporting it as an MP4 again. I've compared the before and after file sizes and they're virtually identical. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I found another solution today. When you open the video on Quicktime player, just click export in 4K or 1080p, you won't lose any quality and it'll airdrop perfectly fine as an .mov file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me to export it through Quicktime... 😞 Last month I had the same issue and spent days. I finally mad it work by opening the mp4 in imovie and from there exported it. Now that´s not working either..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one did the trick. BRAVO!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked for me....2023 Feb smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! Not a file size issue! A current airdrop issue that is beyond frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried multiple encoding presets with h.264 from PPro? Does it make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, although there's a caveat — a lot of the time, my workflow is to create and export a movie from Premiere (either using Premiere's export function, or Adobe Media Encoder's), and then bring it into After Effects for finishing touches, and then export that final product using Adobe Media Encoder. 
I haven't conclusively been able to determine that exporting from Premiere's export function (instead of Adobe Media Encoder) solves the issue. (And even if it did, I use After Effects so often it wouldn't matter, since I need to use Adobe Media Encoder to export after using After Effects). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read this here from apple support explaining it. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207022 

you either need to select the H.265 format,  deselect the HEVC checkbox, or : "On some older devices, support for HEVC is affected by the resolution and frame rate (fps) of the video. Resolutions of 1080p or lower and frame rates of 60 fps or lower are more broadly compatible with older devices." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines