Can't apply any effects in Premiere Pro v14.9

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am using Premiere Pro v14.9 on an iMac, late 2013, running MacOS High Sierra. All was working well with editing my current sequences until suddenly, today, it won't let me apply any effects whatsoever. Every time I try to drag an effect onto any clip on the timeline, I get the hand / crossed-out circle sign. The clip lines are active and unlocked. I have tried Creative Cloud Clean-up and reinstalling the programme. No luck! It's still doing exactly the same... Am I overlooking something really obvious??

I have an urgent project to complete. Any advice very welcome. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.9 requires Mojave or higher.

If I were you I would revert to 14.8 and finish project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've been using 14.9 for the past couple of months without any issues - could it be anything else?  Also, I can't see 14.8 available anymore on Creative Cloud! If you have any thoughts about routes I could try, I'd be really grateful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.8 is still available.

afbeelding.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much - this is really helpful - I'll look again!

Heather

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Ann. At the risk of showing myself as a real dunce, I've just gone through the process you've pictured above and have now discovered that I'm actually using 14.8 already... 

Sorry for the confusion - and wasting your time.

Does this change anything? It doesn't say that it's not compatible with High Sierra...

Is there another workaround with this new information?

Your knowledge is much appreciated!

Heather

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, I was wondering how you were able to run 14.9 on High Sierra.

14.8 is compatible with High Sierra.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
heatherp53754659 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ann - I just tried rebooting Premiere and trashing my preferences - full of hope.

But I'm still getting the same symbol / no luck when I try to apply effects! 😞

I'm sorry this is getting so convoluted.

I'm really at a loss.

If you have any further tips, I'm willing to try (almost) anything!

Thanks again,

Heather

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines