• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't apply LUT to proxy preset

Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to bake in a LUT to the proxies I'm making. I'm creating an export preset in Media Encoder, going to the Effects tab, and selecting "Lumetri Look/LUT." There's a tab that called 'Applied' where you can ostensibly select your lut. I don't want to use one of the preset LUTs, so I choose "select" and then navigate to my .cube file, select it (it's not greyed out), but then the Applied menu always says "none." So... I can't bake in a real LUT, only the crumby preset looks that come with Premiere? Anybody else dealt with this?

Preset LUT Step 1.png

Preset LUT Step 2.png

Preset LUT Step 3.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also dealing with this issue. No solution yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your LUT in one of the proper places for Me/Pr/Ae/Prelude to see them? Here's the chart of the proper places, and you do need to add the last folder to the folder tree ... the Technical and Creative folders.

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I put the luts in both technical and creative folders for after effects, premiere, and encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO!

As a user, you do not ever put LUTs into the Program/Package folder locations. Period.

Understand, all the apps expect the files in their own folders to be the exact same and only included files. The apps do not reference the files in those folders by name, but by position in the alpha-numeric sort order. So if you add anything, it quickly gets unpredictable what will happen.

Use the chart above. Then you can get repeatable results.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Moved the luts into the common folder. I misread that. 

However, the issue still persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh ... I've created proxies with LUTs before, it of course should work. I don't have time to test this today, will try to get to it tomorrow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried doing it an another workstation and it still didn't work. Perhaps it's a LUT issue. I'll experiment with another one. The LUT I'm useing is one of the standard IPP2 LUTS from RED. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried today myself, with several LUTs. Ones I know PrPro works with fine.

I got exactly the same reaction ... click the LUT, hit the select button, dialog closes ... NO LUT APPLIED.

Not.Good.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines